CONCRETE POST & PANEL
- Post Shovel
- Tape Measure
- String Line
- Length of wood (template) to fit into post grove, and cut to exactly the length of the back of a panel plus 3mm
- Barrow or Mixer to mix cement for post backfill
- Cement, sand & aggregate
Step by step construction
- Establish new wall height.
- Hammer two stakes into ground at either end of proposed wall.
- Attach string line and level.
- Dig first hole at one end, +- 30mm deeper than required and drop in post.
- 350 diameter hole up to 600mm wall and 450 diameter over 600mm wall
- Align first two posts with string to same correct height.
- Use level to obtain correct vertical angle. (On 600mm walls and higher, a 2-degree backslope is required.)
- Cement in post and tamper down. (cement mix 3 sand 1 cement)
- Use blue metal in cement mix for walls over 600mm high.
- Position wooden template into post groove, mark ground and dig next hole +-30mm deeper.
- Drop in post and line up as above.
- To ensure posts are always equal distance apart, slide wooden template up and down in grooves.
- Slide in panels as you go and make sure they sit on the cement you used for filling around the posts. (fit all panels in that bay to correct height)
- NB. Panel up as you go.
- Level panel with top of posts.
- Wall can be backfilled in 2 days.( clean sand only )
- Don’t use heavy machinery close to wall when backfilling.
If installation is required please call 0417 098 302
to arrange a free installation quote.